Stop by and see what we have for our new “3 for $23” menu. The menu features a rotating selection of Appetizers, Entrees, and Desserts. Each day, we update the chalkboard to feature the du jour selections. Choose one of each for a total of $23. See you soon!
Follow us on Instagram!
Follow us on Twitter!
A customer requested that she wanted our mussels recipe to make for dinner on Christmas Eve. We downsized the proportions a bit in order to make it more accessible for the everyday chef. For anyone else who might be interested in re-creating our mussels at home, we would love to share the recipe with you!
Moules A La Mariniere (Mussels)
Prince Edward Island Mussels steamed open in a creamy white wine, garlic and vegetable broth. Served with grilled bread or a side of fries.
1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
1 Onion, small dice
1 Fennel, small dice
1 Carrot, small dice
1 stalk Celery, small dice
1 head Garlic, finely diced
2 cups White Wine
Small handful Thyme/Bay leaf, tied together with string in a bouquet garni
1/4 cup Cream
5 Tbsp Butter
Method for the Broth:
- In a large pot sweat onion and oil. Cook until onion is soft and translucent. (approx 5 minutes)
- Add remaining vegetables and cook an additional 5-8 min. Without browning vegetables.
- Add white wine and reduce by 1/3rd.
- Add herb bundle and cream, return to simmer.
- Remove from heat, add butter and emulsify into sauce.
- Cool broth and reserve, will hold well for up to one week.
- Be sure mussels have been well cleaned and recently rinsed. Discard any open mussels that do not close on their own when tapped on counter.
- Bring 6 oz. of mussel broth to a simmer. Add 12-15 mussels, cover with tight fitting lid and cook over high heat for 2-4 min. or until mussels are open. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Serve opened mussels and broth in a warm bowl with grilled bread.
Learn how to make a Caesar Salad with Petit Pois Restaurant’sHead Chef Brian Jones! Brian shows us how to create a simple and delicious salad using the romaine lettuce harvested from owner Brian Helleberg’s garden. Visit our Facebook page to see Brian in action.
If you missed last week’s video featuring Brian harvesting the romaine, click here to enter the garden.
Fall is in the air…in tune with the changing of the seasons, we are excited to introduce our new Fall menu! As you start to embrace the brisk air and dig out your favorite sweaters, warm up your spirits with our Butternut Squash Soup, Mushroom Risotto, or Apple Crisp dessert. Discover all of our new options through our online menu or come stop by and experience our new Fall flavors for yourself!
Thank you to everyone who voted for Petit Pois as their favorite French restaurant in Charlottesville. We are pleased to announce that we were nominated Runner-up for the Best French restaurant of 2013 in C-Ville! Your appreciation and positive feedback inspires us to continue sharing our passion with the community even more. Come stop by soon and celebrate with us!
Come Wine & Dine with us Sunday through Thursday night this summer! Enjoy two entrees and a bottle of wine for $49 through the end August.